Accurate dosing of chemicals is a crucial part of production processes in many different businesses. From drinking water and wastewater treatment to industrial processing in the pharmaceutical, chemical, and food & beverage industries, dosing exactly the right amount of chemicals is important in order to reach process targets, and in order to lower operation costs while ensuring process safety and reliability.
Intelligent dosing pumps with high technology drive and adjustment mechanisms represent the ideal solution for increasingly complex dosing. They make life easier for users by keeping processes running precisely, reliably and cost-effectively.
Tried and tested Digital Dosing™ solution
Grundfos SMART Digital dosing pump range, available since 2010, is recognized for its state of the art monitoring features that ensure dependable, safe, and economical dosing operations, and for its industry-leading accuracy.
The expanded range is now available in two size categories:
SMART Digital S
- Max flow 8 gph (30 l/h); max pressure 232 psi (16 bar), max turn down
SMART Digital XL
o Max flow 52.8 gph (200 l/h); max pressure 145 psi (10 bar), max turn
down ratio 800:1
The SMART Digital S DDA, DDC, and DDE and the SMART Digital XL DDA and DDE are all based on tried and tested Digital Dosing™ technology from Grundfos. They offer powerful, variable-speed motors, a universal power supply, and a full-PTFE diaphragm that meets the most demanding requirements for chemical resistance and durability. The pumps open up a broad range of dosing applications.
DDA: high-end solution for complex and demanding applications
The DDA is the pump for complex and demanding applications where the focus is on maximum process reliability. It offers FlowControl, pressure monitoring, AutoFlowAdapt, and integrated flow measurement. The package for industrial applications is rounded off by additional operating modes such as a week dosing timer and auto-deaeration.
DDC: optimal price-performance ratio
The DDC offers simple, intuitive click-wheel operation and a graphic LC display in more than 28 languages. All standard modes of operation and inputs/outputs such as analog control or output relay can be integrated into control systems. This pump is suitable for universal use thanks to features such as the SlowMode (anti-cavitation) function for highly viscous media and the straightforward calibration mode.
DDE: a cost-effective Digital Dosing™ solution
The DDE is a cost-effective entry-level model with all the benefits of Digital Dosing™ such as a maximum turn-down ratio of 1000:1 (max flow 4 gph or 15 l/h) and 800:1 (max flow 52.8 gph or 200 l/h) and smooth, continuous dosing.
The dosing rate is set using a logarithmic scale that runs from 0.1-100%. The model's straightforward pulse control, external stop function, and empty level signal make it ideal for basic OEM applications. The SMART Digital XL DDE additionally offers an adjustable analog input.
Features and benefits:
Simplicity: simple handling and perfect overview and control even from a distance
- The pumps are extremely easy to use thanks to the click wheel. The DDA and DDC models offer straightforward, intuitive navigation via a graphic LC display in more than 28 languages, allowing the user to set the required flow directly on the display in gph, ml/h, or l/h.
- The large display indicates pump status by changing the back light color. This allows for quick and easy control of pump status.
Modularity: flexible and suitable for any environment or situation
- The high turn down ratio significantly reduces the number of different models required.
- All models have a universal mounting plate for all widespread mounting methods. The pump can quickly and easily be removed from the mounting plate.
- The control cube can be mounted facing left, right, or straight ahead. Maximum flexibility is further ensured by a wide range of adjustment options and supply voltages (100-240 V, 50/60 Hz), and a hydraulic connection kit.
- Optional E-box and CIU boxes enable SMART Digital pumps to be integrated – and even retrofitted – in common standard fieldbus networks.
Flow intelligence: highest process reliability
- The FlowControl system on the DDA prevents unwanted stoppages, even with variable process parameters such as fluctuations in system pressure.
- The DDA provides an accurate diagnosis of the most common causes of faults that occur during dosing with diaphragm pumps. These faults are displayed in plain text in the alarm menu.
- The AutoFlowAdapt feature ensures that the dosing process continues with the required flow, even when subject to external influences. When dosing degassing media, for example, motor control is automatically adjusted as soon as air bubbles are detected so that they can escape out of the dosing head. Fluctuating system backpressure no longer impacts the required flow, either – the stepper motor's speed regulation mechanism automatically compensates for deviations.
- The integrated flow measurement feature of the DDA makes costly additional measuring equipment unnecessary. The currently measured flow is shown directly on the display and can be integrated in the control system via the analog output or bus protocol if necessary.
- pH regulation
- Dosing of chemicals and biocides
- Precipitation and flocculation
- Reverse osmosis
- Drinking water treatment
- Wastewater treatment
- Boiler water treatment
- Cooling water treatment
- Process water treatment
- CIP (Clean-In-Place)
- Swimming pool water treatment
- Chemical industry
- Ultrafiltration process and reverse osmosis
- Low pressure boiler feed water treatment
- Food and beverage industry
- Paper and pulp industry
- Textile industry
511 KB - 2 Pages
Digital Dosing XL
146 KB - 2 Pages
Digital Dosing Data Booklet
Water Utility Segment Brochure
Smart Digital SD Range Brochure
13.7 MB - 12 Pages
Grundfos Dosing & Disinfection Brochure
8.86 MB - 12 Pages