KPL axial-flow propeller pumps are built with a range of innovative features that offer cost and efficiency benefits when moving large volumes of water. Our compact design reduces the footprint of building and civil construction cost by up to 20%.
This innovative solution is an expandable rubber ring mounted on the perimeter of the pump volute that expands and adapts to the pipe as water flow and pressure increases, reducing turbulence and the efficiency losses this causes.
High-precision one piece propeller resolves the potential malfunctions from blade adjustment, and the smooth design means rags and solids slide off the propeller, resulting in less clogging.
These axial-flow propeller pumps are designed for high flow – up to 150,000 gpm – at low head of 30ft. Built to handle large quantities of water, the pumps are ideal for a wide range of applications such as:
- flood and storm water control
- large volume drainage and irrigation
- raw water intake
- transfer of liquids in large-scale municipal sewage treatment plants
- circulation of large quantities of water
- water level control in coastal and low-lying areas
- filling and emptying of dry docks and harbor installations
- filling or emptying of reservoirs
KPL submersible axial-flow propeller pumps range from 15 to 1060 hp and are available in 11 frame sizes with 6-, 8-, 10-, 12-, 14-, 16- or 18-pole motors.
Features and benefits
Reliability meets excellent value
- Best-in-class hydraulic efficiency
- Compact and lightweight design
- Great non-clogging performance
The KWM Mixed flow pump is designed for high flow at medium head.
With Flow capacity up to 184,920 GPM [700 m3/min] at a Head up to 164 ft [50 m], the Grundfos KWM Mixed flow pump is ideal for flood control as well as other applications where large volumes of water are moved.
Every KWM pump is individually engineered to suit your requirements, ensuring cost-efficient performance. For the best results, contact Grundfos during your planning stages – that allows us to consider aspects such as pumping station design, pump selection, future requirements, and the total Life Cycle Costs.
Built to handle large quantities of raw water, the pumps are ideal for a wide range of applications.
• Flood and storm water control
• Large-volume drainage and irrigation
• Raw water intake
• Circulation of large quantities of water, e.g. in water parks
• Water-level control in coastal and low-lying areas
• Filling and emptying of dry docks and harbour installations
• Filling or emptying of reservoirs
• Treated sewage
• Cooling water intake in power stations
• Process and discharge water
• Other low to medium head/high flow applications
Features & Benefits
Reliability meets excellent value
• Quality products• Robust, reliable and cost-effective
• Maximum value for money
Minimal, easy service
• Simple pump design ensures lasting trouble-free operation
• All pumps are individually tested and registered, so the right spare parts can be supplied very efficiently. Even after many years.
• All models available in cast iron or stainless steel
• 50 or 60 Hz
• Special materials (E.g. propeller in aluminium bronze is standard. Stainless steel available on request)• High voltage (up to 10KV by special request) models available
• Pump and motor size up to 1MW by special request
- Quality products
- Robust, reliable and cost-effective
- Maximum value for money