The GPS (Grundfos Package Systems) Business Director position is a part of the Grundfos North American Region (NAMREG) GES/DSS team. Directly responsible for managing GES/DSS Customer Service, Export and Domestic sales, Grundfos group sales, Light to Heavy project management, Order Entry, Order Processing, Customer Service, Master Scheduling, Project Engineering, Hydraulic, Calculations, and Solutions engineering. Position is indirectly responsible for GES/DSS ETO production/operations management regarding business priorities and supporting regional sales, Grundfos group sales, and regionally managed export sales.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the operational performance, development and profitability of the GES/DSS ETO Skids Business
- Lead the evolution and implementation of the Excellence in both the GES as well as the DSS Business.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of GES/DSS GPS Customer Service Unit
- Achieve Continuous improvement in Partner Satisfaction by assuring:
- Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) are constructed, agreed to & executed to agreement
- Customer inquiries are handled professionally
- Quote and mandate installation of CMU (Conditions Monitoring Units)
- Responsible for hiring and development of personnel within the GES/DSS Business
- Responsible for development and implementation of strategy that is consistent and supportive of the overall NAMREG GES/DSS GPS Sales plans.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of quotation tools and processes.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of tools used for departmental processes and performance.
- Responsible for continuous evaluation and improvement of processes within the ESU (Engineering Service Unit).
- Responsible for supporting training initiatives for customers, users and sales channels together with Regional Sales Management Team.
- Maintain compliance and support development of policies affecting our customers and other Grundfos companies.
- Supervise Team Leads in managing staffing process to assure proper staffing levels for fluctuating business levels.
- Monthly follow up and reporting on GES/DSS order execution teams performance including development of the appropriate key performance metrics.
- Collaborate with NAMREG Sales to ensure customer satisfaction in product delivery.
- Participate in trade shows, segment meetings, and sales meetings as necessary.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- Manage GES/DSS Current production schedule
- Manage GES /DSS Sales Backlog
- Manage and collaborate with key stakeholders on GES/DSS pipeline
Key Success Factors:
- Annual Sales Growth (Year over year)
- Quote OTTP
- Product OTD to customer request / first confirmation.
- Profitability / Achieve over 50% SCTR (GES/DSS)
- Achieve overall Improve EMS Year over year
Posting, Reporting, and Work Relations:
- Executive VP WU Sales
- VP Sales IND
- VP Sales CBS
- President / General Manager
- Regional Operations VP
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, or Equivalent Proven Business Experience; BS degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering preferred, MBA a plus.
Minimum 5+ years in managing people;
Minimum 7+ years’ experience in Inside Sales, Customer Service, or Application/Service, Sales, Operations Leadership experience a plus.
- Leading People or PUG (Power Up Grundfos) Affiliation a plus
- Grundfos Business Process knowledge a plus
- Excellent listening skills; effective delegation skills; proven people manager; work well with matrix organizations and cross functional departments; facilitating results across groups.
- Proven skills in people development using career development plans; Employee Development Dialogue.
- Proven skills in Conflict Management.
- Ability to work in and continually enhance and promote a “team” environment.
- Proven skills in understanding and promoting / implementing business systems and e-Tools.
- Excellent people interaction and facilitation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proven skills in understanding and participating in Demand Management & forecasting processes.
- Understanding of Business Process, Business Process Improvement, Productivity and Value Add Improvement.
- Understands and promotes Voice of the Customer & Customer Excellence (CX)
- Demonstrated organizational, change management skills.
- Strong general business acumen and ability to actively participate in cross decision making.
- Strong financial acumen with margin reporting and ability to translate, communicate and execute profitable business levels to base budgets and stretch budgets.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.