Under the direction of the Team Lead, provides world class customer service primary engineering technical, pricing and sales support to customers (channel partners, OEMs, and end users), and sales team for products and their applications. As a technical expert, this position will ensure the proper technical specification of products and issue technical documents as may be required. Other typical duties include providing technical assistance and training to the inside and outside sales force as well as customers as may be applicable to the Grundfos product range. Incumbents will facilitate profitability and efficiency through the use of product knowledge and innovation to provide technical solutions to VIP and Key Account customer requests and provide leadership, guidance, and expertise to colleagues.
Provides world-class customer service through prompt and professional pricing and technical/commercial sale support to customers (channel partners, OEMs, and end users) and sister-companies, outside sales, Business Development Managers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Establishes a working relationship with customers by communicating via mail, phone, or face-to-face by performing the following duties.
- Advise customers including VIP/Key Account, and salespeople and provide technical application and product training, and manage escalation calls.
- Collaborate with internal departments and suppliers to create price quote for non-standard products where list price is not readily available.
- Guide non-approved customers to the appropriate channel partner or DSM.
- Assist customers with complex product installation and trouble-shooting, advanced product coordination, special order handling.
- Using CRM, work collaboratively within a team environment to prepare submittal packages, review specifications and prepare quotations, documenting exceptions or clarifications.
- Conduct product related technical analyses for internal and external audiences.
- Lead and participate in projects.
- Provide sales reports and business planning documents, as required
- Liaise with Operations as “customer advocate” to address customer sales issues.
- Host customers for successful on-site product inspections and witness testing, when required.
- Provides leadership and support to other applications engineers including custom pricing.
- Provide leadership pertaining to quality and quantity of work performed.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, regulations and direction and identify non-compliance situations for resolution.
- Comply with all health and safety initiatives to ensure the Company remains a safe workplace.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive related-product and applications-specific knowledge (i.e. machine design relative to shafts couplings, bearings, and lubrication; electromechanical systems and an understanding of motors, starters and VFDs; industry standards (HI, ANSI, ISO, etc.) for pumps
- Ability to work with detailed specifications and industry standards.
- Ability to manage multiple, divergent priorities, and work independently with a high degree of accuracy to meet customer requirements and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to present a positive, competent image to customers, problem solve and apply sound judgment and discretion.
- Demonstrated accountability for personal and team performance.
- Superior telephone skills and strong written and verbal English language communication skills to receive and give information.
- Strong customer service focus, sense of urgency to meet or exceed customer expectations, and achieve daily commitments.
- Strong proficiency in the use of ERP systems,
- Proficiency in the use of ERP systems, Microsoft Office including MS Excel, SAP and product sizing software.
- Knowledge of CAD software is an asset.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering required. 1-4 years of pump experience preferred.
- 5-7 years sales/engineering experience with pump manufacturer is preferred.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Prolonged periods in a seated position utilizing a phone and computer with occasional twisting to reach equipment on des; performs simple grasping, listens with sufficient acuity to perform all aspects of the job.
- Occasionally lifts up to 5 lbs.
- Daily visits made to various internal departments.
- Periodic visits made to other Grundfos or customer sites in and out of the United States.
Conditions of Employment:
This position requires the incumbent to stay current with the latest technology and participate in skills upgrading.
This position requires periodic travel within the USA and internationally. Therefore, the incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain a valid passport.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Grundfos Pumps does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of our employment opportunities and benefits.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.