Grundfos helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services.
The Role: Grundfos is seeking a leader for the Grundfos Intelligent Water Solutions (iWS) business to lead the system definition of end-to-end solutions that enable our customers to solve new problems with our current and future digital, hardware, software and data solutions. As a Solution Owner, you will translate customer needs and high-level marketing requirements, converting them into solutions. If you have an engineering background and strong business aptitude with the ability to see the big picture from a customer perspective, please apply!
To succeed in this role, you must be able to communicate across all external customer segments and internal functions/roles within the company. You will work with Product Management counterparts to define solution requirements. You will work with development teams as a representative of the customer and market to create and refine requirements and design, while forming a mutual understanding across the development team and other stakeholders. Your role is to create a bridge between the internal resources and needs to evolving market requirements in IoT and human/machine interface with the support of business development.
- Drive Solution Definition for utilizing pump control (panels, controllers, drives), digital, remote monitoring and management, and related solutions/products
- Collaborate with municipalities, customers, engineers, operations companies, together with Product Management, Marketing and R&D
- Interpret product and market requirements; Identify system impacts and document the resulting requirements across system components
- Develop, document, and communicate detailed solution requirements and use cases
- Work closely with Business Development and Product Management to scope, plan, and prioritize content
- Exemplify a Customer First mentality making tradeoffs between technical implementation and customer/market needs
- Develop process and data flow diagrams as well as other visual artifacts that describe system user experience and represent overall system workflow, architecture, and interactions between system components
- Ensure that the VOC is represented in the design, test strategy, and test cases
- Develop and champion the customer experience of the solution
- Drive consistency across Grundfos solutions
- Provide broad knowledge on Grundfos products
- Investigate and document system user experience for Grundfos solutions
- Develop proposals for improved system user experience
- Promote standards in content definition
- Encourage consistency between products and verticals
- Ensure that requirements get communicated to R&D in a consistent manner
- Act as customer, sales, and operations facing subject matter expert for cross vertical customer solutions
- Collect Voice of the Customer inputs by working with Sales and Product Marketing and/or shadowing end users in their day-to-day activities
- Deliver presentations about and demonstrate solutions at trade shows and user conferences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent experience, MBA is a plus
- 5+ years’ experience with control and/or digital design
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and experience communicating with internal and external audiences, including customers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly
- Talent for researching, analyzing, and synthesizing complex technical material and explaining it in a clear and concise manner to the target audience
- Detail-oriented while maintaining a system-level view; Ability to look at a wide array of choices and identify what truly matters
- Proven leadership, maturity, and good judgment
- Excellent interpersonal skills including listening, collaboration, and building consensus
- Experience working in and understanding the software or hardware product development lifecycle and complex integration activities strongly preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced matrixed organization
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines while responding to changing business and technical conditions.
- Ability to understand and represent the customer’s perspective when interacting with software and/or hardware products
- Experience with requirements management and associated tools is a plus
- Approximately 25% travel required
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.