The Package Electrician is a skilled craftsman that wires up, fabricates, installs, and tests electrical systems according to engineering drawings and specifications.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows oral or written instructions from supervisors
- Interprets engineering drawings, plans, and patterns for piping systems
- Accurately marks measurements and shapes on piping materials
- Performs threading operations on screw-pipe according to specifications
- Cuts, trims, and bends rigid and EMT piping components according to specifications
- Moves materials, supplies, and tools to and from work areas
- Inspects own work and completes quality documentation as required
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment
- Can assist with material requisition for electrical components
- Observes all safety programs and safety practices
- Maintains a safe and clean work area
- Performs other duties as necessary
- Perform work, promote teamwork and communicate in conjunction with our culture and corporate standards (Safety/Environmental, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Communication, Internal Controls, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Material handling equipment (Lift truck, two wheeled truck, carts, etc.)
- Cranes, hoist, screw jacks, hydraulic jacks
- Computer (MS Windows, Excel)
- Manual, power driven, and pneumatic hand tools, electronic engraver, Power saw, cutoff wheel, grinders, hydraulic press, radial drill, arbor press, and threading machine
- Precision measuring instruments, gages, meters
- Ability to be taught how to read micrometers and calipers.
- Handbooks, charts, manuals, specification sheets, operation sheets, setup sheets.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- This position requires the incumbent to stand for extended periods, frequently grasp tools, stoop, crouch, reach, stand, and walk when performing duties; twist and reach.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance and peripheral vision.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Able to work in a non-climate controlled factory environment.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- 3-5 years related experience
Grundfos participates in E-verify and is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.