Peerless Pump Company (PPU) is a division of Grundfos, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of pumps in the industry. With over 70 years of progressive designing, engineering and manufacturing, our pumps are proven with thousands of installations around the world. The Supplier Account Manager (SAM) is responsible for fulfilling the tasks linked to the supplier relationship management process in support of PPU. The SAM maintains regular contact and follow-up with the suppliers related to performance against target and agreed supplier development activities, in addition to leadership in special supplier projects like EDI, new supplier implementation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures implementation of the Frame Work Agreements (FWA) and follows the compliance according to the targets set by the Sourcing Manager (SM).
- Handles agreed activities like e.g. EDI implementation.
- Drives the classification of the suppliers and other SAP Item Master requirements in cooperation with the SMs.
- Responsible for building and implementing the Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) strategies for the key suppliers and relevant collaborative suppliers in cooperation with the SM.
- Follows the SRM strategies and relationship guidelines and assures that the proactive tasks are taking place
- Initiate and participate in system audits, Quality audits etc. and follow-up on audit results.
- Deploys the Supplier Scorecard process. Tracks the performance of suppliers with the agreed frequency and evaluates against targets set.
- Initiates corrective actions at suppliers to improve performance.
- Enables the suppliers access to the Grundfos Extranet and secures that the suppliers are aware of the measured performance.
- Build recommendations to SM to terminate suppliers based on poor performance.
- Makes recommendations on new targets when agreements are ready for renewal.
- Responsible for collecting requirements, expected consumption (forecast) etc. from the relevant organizations, consolidates and provides the information to the SM (when new or renewal) or supplier (existing FWA)
- Responsible for introducing new suppliers(NSI).
- Provides participants to the Supplier Satisfaction Survey (SSS) and follows up towards the suppliers concerning the results of the SSS.
- When appropriate, coordinates the supplier seminar activities in cooperation with the SM.
- Manages/drives meetings between the operational units and suppliers according to the SRM strategy, guidelines and agreements.
- Facilitates any activity that distracts tactical Buyers from buying.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong in building relationships
- Extrovert and a good communicator at all levels
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, particularly precision machining, Casting Foundries, and metal fabrication.
- Analytical skills
- Experience in project management
- Experience within purchasing (category manager, strategic buyer, purchaser)
- Min. 3 years of knowledge and experience in procurement with relevant work experience
- SAP experience desirable.
- Willing to travel
Education and Experience:
• Prior experience in Metal Casting, Precision Machining and/or Metal fabrication
• Proven experience in supplier relationship management.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.