Peerless Pump Company is a division of Grundfos, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of pumps in the industry. With over 70 years of progressive designing, engineering and manufacturing, our pumps are proven with thousands of installations around the world. The role of Sourcing Manager is a part of the Peerless Strategic Procurement team and will require the individual to be familiar with the complete range of sourcing activities. This includes the analysis of spend, the formulation of and implementation of commodity strategies, the negotiation of contracts and participation in the ongoing management of strategic supplier relationships. An expert knowledge of castings, machining, industrial components, and metal fabrications is necessary. This role will not have direct reports and is considered an individual contributor.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and evaluate market trends in materials and commodities.
- Negotiate and implement Frame Work Agreements with external suppliers.
- Apply sourcing strategies used by the Grundfos Group.
- Establish sourcing policies that align to Peerless long-term strategies.
- Ability to utilize SAP enterprise software to gather relevant information to support sourcing efforts.
- Negotiate payment terms, pricing, lead-time etc. when placing contracts.
- Challenge business specifications, purchase demands, structures and behaviors to support optimization and sound solutions.
- Document negotiation results and record cost savings in SIEVO procurement analytics software.
- Effectively communicate to all internal stakeholders.
- Build supplier relationships and stay current on supplier quality and delivery performance.
- Identify and conduct new supplier validations in cooperation with Supplier Quality Management. Lead supplier transition activities
- Conduct supplier capability studies.
- Interface with PPU departments and external suppliers to develop/modify specifications to maximize value/minimize total cost; design for manufacturing, quality improvement (to include the review of quality discrepancies of incoming commodities), total cost reduction and issue resolution.
- Conduct stakeholder meetings, perform risk assessment/mitigation planning and ensure long term capacity in the external supply chain.
- Identify and prioritize material cost reduction opportunities. Control purchase price variances.
- Use expert knowledge of manufacturing processes, especially casting foundry, precision machining, and metal fabrication to develop future sourcing strategies and develop suppliers for those categories.
- Apply high level of analytical sophistication to evaluate business data and make recommendations related to sourcing strategies.
- Generate various reports related to project status, savings targets and assigned critical operating tasks.
- Perform all duties professionally, ethically, and in the best interests of Peerless.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated expertise using MRPII systems, in an SAP environment is preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines in a changing environment with a sense of urgency.
- Must have drive and initiative to continuously reduce costs and implement changes.
- Must exhibit problem solving skills with ability to make decisions while executing sound judgment.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Manufacturing knowledge in castings, precision machining, metal fabrication a must.
- General machined and mechanical parts commodity(s) experience preferred.
- Experience with/ knowledge of supplier Kanban or other inventory replenishment strategies desired.
- Must be able to travel.
- Structured and conscientious - ensuring high-quality and timely deliverables.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work under time pressure.
- Ability to lead/support stakeholders by asserting skills of delegating, coordinating and communicating to ensure the best performance.
- High level of negotiation skills.
Grundfos Pumps does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of our employment opportunities and benefits.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.