Skillful operation of a CNC lathe or machining center with capability of operating conventional machines such as a lathe, mill, drill, broach, hone, or grinder to produce a quality finished part.
- Observe all safety, environmental, and health policies.
- Operate one or more of the following machines. CNC lathe, CNC machine center, mill, lathe, hone, broach, drill, or grinder.
- Check shop tickets, drawings, and rough castings to verify that the correct part is being machined and to determine the method of machining the part and the tooling required.
- On conventional machines plan sequence of operations; locate and use proper fixtures and machine attachments; determine method of work holding and clamping required; Determine most efficient speeds, feeds, depths of cuts, and number of cuts; Determine and select tooling, cutters, blades and grinding wheels required
- Load, select, and edit programs if necessary.
- Change and set tooling. Debur parts as necessary.
- Inspect parts as necessary with appropriate precision measuring instruments to maintain proper tolerances and dimensions.
- Adjust machines during operation to achieve correct tolerances and dimensions.
- Notify supervisor of known or suspected problems with machines, tools, drawings, or parts.
- Dress, sharpen, and replace tooling as required.
- Perform standard preventative maintenance on machines.
- Keep machine and work area clean.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Work with math concepts such as the fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only little standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, bend, squat, walk, and be on your feet for an entire shift.
- Exposure to dust, noise, shop heat, and exposure to ambient heat in summer, exposure to coolants in machines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree or equivalent from 2 year college or technical school; or 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of both.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.