Tangential Air Separators
The Grundfos tangential style air separator is designed for use in any HVAC system. The tangential inlet and outlet connections create a low pressure vortex in the center of the tank where entrained air can come out of water and be removed at the top of the tank via an air vent connection. The design also allows for sediment to drop to the bottom of the device to be removed through a blow down connection, and also be supplied with a screen for complete sediment removal. The use of tangential air separators protects against damage and system noises, protects the pump against impeller damage, and can lead to lower overall operating and extended life of your equipment.
Chilled Water Systems
Hot Water Systems
Addition of system volume
PACOpaQ™ HVAC packaged pumping systems
Standard Features and Benefits
- Tangential Air Separators and accessories are made in the USA, providing compliance with the Buy America Act.
- Tangential design results in a smaller unit than standard inline designs.
- Provides air free fluid path flow which protects against equipment damage and system noises.
- Nozzle sizes from 2”-24” available
- 125 PSIG design pressure
- 375◦F maximum operating temperature