The Ag Market Development Manager's (MDM) role is to grow the Grundfos Agriculture business in California working with and developing relationships with contractors, end users, and influencers in the California agriculture market. The MDM reports to a Business Development Manager (BDM) and participates as an active member of the Groundwater/Irrigation sales team. The territory for this position would include the state of California.
It is the defined responsibility of the MDM to work with the BDM and team to foster open dialogue, develop a team environment and culture, create a strong morale and spirit within the team; promoting the sharing of wins, successes and challenges.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Market Development: The MDM is responsible for developing relationships with all stakeholders in the California Agriculture pumping market, with a special emphasis on corporate farms. This involves creating brand awareness for Grundfos technologies with the market end users.
The MDM will not have account responsibility for distribution, but will work with distribution to ensure high level customer service to contractors, engineers, and end users.
2. Territory Planning: The MDM must continually develop knowledge of the business climate, applications and competition for his/her defined geography and accounts. The MDM will develop, maintain, and execute a territory plan. The MDM will provide training on Grundfos products, applications, and sales processes, and will provide/facilitate training and education to all levels of the sales channel.
3. Reporting & Time Management: The MDM will maintain data relative to partners, accounts, and activities, and will document customer interactions. The MDM will prepare reporting as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Professional sales skills including key account strategies and plans.
- In-depth knowledge of the California Agriculture market segment and a general knowledge of the other Grundfos target markets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pumps and pumping systems, rotating equipment including electronically controlled pump systems (VFD, controllers, etc.) used within the Agriculture market.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective product presentations for all sizes of audiences for both internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills.
Excellent PC skills with above average knowledge and use of Microsoft Office application programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) as well as a good aptitude for learning and applying new systems and programs.
Education & Experience Required: Bachelor's degree in technical discipline. Business or marketing classes are a plus. 3-5 years pump experience.
Additional Requirements: Must possess a valid driver's license and maintain a good driving record. Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time. Must possess a valid passport.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.