General Summary: Assists in the proper receiving, warehousing, and shipping of Grundfos materials and products while ensuring a safe working environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for personal safety and safety of co-workers.
- Assists in receiving operations including unloading trucks, verifying shipment accuracy, completion of receiving documentation, and movement of materials into proper storage areas.
- Provides materials to the production lines in a timely manner.
- Assists in the materials handling function. This includes receiving, labeling, warehousing, stock rotation, and housekeeping within the area.
- Accurately pulls, packs, and prepares documentation of an order for shipment on a timely basis.
- Assists in shipping Grundfos products. This includes receiving the products from production, labeling, warehousing, stock rotation, and housekeeping within the area.
- Maintains accurate warehouse inventory levels by performing daily cycle counts for status update.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement activities and safety programs.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic math, reading, and computer skills including the ability to learn and accurately perform SAP transactions.
- Aptitude for identifying similarities and differences in strings of numbers and letters.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to drive a fork lift and other material handling equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ability to find, understand, and use warehouse work instruction documents, SAP transactions, and Grundfos standard operating procedures.
- Must have good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a flexible team environment.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time (the entire shift.)
- Ability to walk, stoop, bend, push, and pull.
- Manual dexterity necessary; ability to use both hands and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to use basic hand tools.
- Ability to follow safety standards and rules.
- Ability to perform required duties and responsibilities while adhering to warehouse 5S standards.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, plus one to two years of warehousing experience.
- Must possess lift truck certification by passing in-house industrial lift truck operator’s certification course.
- SAP experience a plus.
Comments: Must be able to work overtime and various shifts (swing or graveyard).
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.