Process Kaizen Engineer
General Summary: The Process Kaizen Engineer will be responsible for driving process improvement initiatives across all functions of the organization, focusing on driving process improvements that support the Company’s strategic goals and objectives and improve clarity in internal business processes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with functional stakeholders to understand respective process requirements and map processes ensuring all department interactions are clearly identified.
- Facilitator of the overall project portfolio management to ensure and efficient and effective management of continuous improvement projects.
- Lead implementation of process improvement initiatives.
- Develop and document key hand-offs between functional areas.
- Ensure all departments have all key internal processes documented.
- Deliver training and communication plan for process implementation across designated entities and ensure key stakeholders are aware of processes.
- Utilize broad knowledge of customers, products, and processes to support business problem analysis and determine the best methodology to resolve defect or issue.
- Drive improvement efforts based on analysis. Analyze processes to identify areas of improvement and provide appropriate analytics to facilitate business effort prioritization. Conduct basic statistical analysis.
- Document procedures and process flow.
- Implement Lean manufacturing principles. Facilitates cross-functional improvement teams with the objective of implementing lean manufacturing principles.
- Develop strategies for process improvements and evaluate impact of such changes; actively participate in and/or drive root cause analysis and process improvement efforts (PDCA).
- Report regularly to Senior Plant Director on improvement initiates.
- Be a part of the regional and global Continuous Improvement team as the local representative
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical, problem resolution and decision-making skills.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong program and project management and negotiation skills while working with established business priorities and constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high volume, deadline-orientated environment.
- Knowledge and demonstrated use of Lean Six Sigma, data analysis and traditional improvement tools (Process Mapping, Value Stream Mapping, Total Quality Management, etc.)
- Deadline driven as necessary to get the job done well.
- Takes ownership and accountability for plan execution.
- Strong organizational, analytical, detailed planning and project management skills; can handle multiple projects at once.
- Collaborative, team-oriented work style.
- Timely and appropriate communication to superiors and peers, building effective relationships with others, excellent change management skills.
- Articulate and persuasive; can communicate difficult and complex matters in a straightforward, transparent manner.
- Must work effectively in a fast moving, stakeholder value focused, entrepreneurial environment.
- Unquestionable ethics and values.
Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in a Technical Discipline preferably Industrial Engineering or Industrial Technology.
- Higher level Kaizen training.
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
- TPS knowledge required.
- Three or more years of business process and project management experience including managing large groups of stakeholders; experience working with mid-level managers and presentations to executive stakeholders.
- Industrial Manufacturing Process knowledge/experience required.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.