The Global Account Sales Manager (GSM) is responsible for sales performance and all activities related to their respective Business Unit (BU) within the AMERICA’s region. It is the responsibility of the GSM to provide leadership and management for their respective team and to ensure that Grundfos is delivering on the financial goals and objectives. In addition, the GSM will maximize value throughout the channel, directing activities and process improvement in accordance with the Voice of the Customer (VOC). The GSM will focus on the development of their team as well as the individual professional development of their team members. The GSM reports to a Vice President and participates as an active member of the leadership staff for the business unit to which they are assigned.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
B. The GSM is expected to manage the allocated human resources within their BU with a process focus and in coordination with Grundfos Business Excellence (BE) guidelines. As part of the leadership team within their Business Unit this will include but is not limited to:
3. Reporting/Time Management:
1. CRM Note of Activity: The GSM is responsible for ensuring accurate and dedicated maintenance of CRM account details for all accounts that are designated to their BU.
2. Expense Reporting: The GSM is responsible for managing the overall expense budget for all OAMs with in their BU, in accordance with specific Grundfos policies and procedures.
3. Results Reporting: The GSM will prepare various reports as requested by his/her BDD and in accordance with specific Grundfos policies and procedures.
4. Personnel Reporting: The GSM will participate in the Employee Development Dialogue (EDD) process and at a minimum, complete an annual EDD review for each direct report.
5. Time Management: Effectively utilize the Lotus Notes calendar function for their own Time Management & Organization (TMO) and ensure each of their direct reports executes the same for a minimum thirty (30) day window.
6. Forecasting/Budgeting: The GSM is responsible for product forecasting for all products sold by the business unit. The GSM is also responsible for leading the budget process for the Business Unit Sales Team for product and expenses.
7. Other: GSM will comply with reporting requests from other departments as needed.
Education and Experience: Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in a sales/marketing business environment with a preferred degree in Business/Technical BA. Requires a minimum of 3 years prior experience managing people. MBA a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
1. The GSM is expected to be a Sales Professional with advanced skills in
Sales Leadership and Management. The GSM will be accountable as the subject matter expert for all issues related to sales, customer and partner relationships and revenue generation activities for their assigned business unit.
2. Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written formats.
3. Understanding of profit and loss accounting and the basic flow of revenue in an organization.
4. Ability to start with “the end in mind”, then work backwards to develop strategies, action plans and goal measurements. Develop a clear vision of what their region will become.
5. Ability to develop a clear vision of what their BU will become and how their OAM’s will develop.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of pumps and pumping systems including electronically controlled pump systems for the target markets to which they are assigned.
7. Professional sales skills to the “trainer” or “mentor” level with knowledge and ability to apply PDJA instructed principles and concepts.
8. Ability to make business presentations at all levels of management and to various sizes of audiences.
9. Excellent PC skills with above average knowledge and use of Microsoft Office application programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) as well as strong aptitude for learning and applying new systems and programs.
10. Be open to and mange change.
11. Ability to lead and develop a team based sales department on a National level.
12. Process orientation with certification in Six Sigma to the Green Belt level a plus.
Requirements: Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record. Must be able to travel 50-75% of the time including weekends and global travel. Must retain a valid U.S. Passport.
It is the defined responsibility of the GSM to work with the VP & BDD to foster open dialogue, develop a team environment, culture and create a strong morale and spirit within the team, promoting the sharing of wins, successes and challenges.
The GSM will support the Grundfos objective of being a socially responsible company by participating in company sponsored events and activities that support this cause. In addition, the GSM is encouraged to identify and support/participate in similar socially responsible programs, events and activities with guidance and approval from their Manager.
It is the responsibility of the GSM to always present themselves in their role and in society in a manner consistent with the Grundfos Brand, including; maintaining personal appearance, vehicle cleanliness and condition, Grundfos office cleanliness and follow customer entertainment guidelines. As a leader within the organization, it is expected that the GSM will set the example for their subordinates and be accountable to ensure a consistent brand image for their team.
Using the Employee Development Dialogue (EDD) process the GSM will identify and document their personal development, short term and long term growth objectives and in conjunction with their manager, measure their progress to achieving these objectives on an annual basis.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.