Purpose of Job
As our new Global Product Manager, you are responsible for our segment of conventional dry pit wastewater pumps. Thus, you develop product strategies and work closely with internal stakeholders throughout the organisation to gain input for and implement your plans. Furthermore, you must be in contact with the market using our products as well as search the global market for input.
Another part of your job is to be commercially responsible when developing new products. You draw up specifications for new products, take part in new product development in teams with R&D, and handle new product introduction into the markets. At all times, you stay on top of the product life cycle and make sure the different products are continuously maintained and developed throughout their life cycle.
- Global responsibility for one or more product ranges
- Develop and implement global product strategies and support the business case to be achieved.
- Support the Grundfos organization with technical product knowledge
- Accountable of the commercial deliveries within a project (NBI deliveries)
- Product segmentation and lead times
- Overview Product ranges across Sales regions
- Ensure competitiveness of Product range
- Managing product specific campaign activities.
- Responsible for Group Reference price setting on product level.
- Responsible for monitoring and initiating activities to improve profitability of the product line (P&L improvements)
- Develop and implement global product strategies
- Global overview of activities within Product range
- Initiate and participate in activities and projects according to product strategies
- Responsible for gathering, co-ordinating and merging specifications for new product development and variant engineering projects
- Owner of product concept specification within product group
- Responsible for product optimization projects co-ordinating between Market Segments, Sales regions and Engineering
- Specifying technical & commercial needs for new products.
- Responsible for campaigns in connection with new product launches
- Supports Market segments, Sales regions and Supply chain with technical product knowledge
- Responsible for building-up and maintaining technical product knowledge
- Responsible for development of training programs and training within own product groups
- Responsible for Product hierarchy and making Group Reference Prices (GRP) available.
Critical Knowledge and Experience
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Marine Engineer, combined with a minimum of three years' experience with Product Management or similar positions in Sales or Sales Support.
- Solid technical understanding that enables you to enter a technical dialogue with customers and colleagues.
- Proven experience with with product management, it is an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, good training and presentation skills, is prerequisite.
- You speak and write English fluently.
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestica and internationally with e.g. Sales personnel for Market and Customer support as needed.
- Development & Engineering
- Research & Technology
- Sales Regions
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.