General Summary: Leads and directs warehouse employees in the proper receiving, put-away, warehousing, and material handling of Grundfos products. Assists DC Supervisor in organizing and motivating warehouse employees to achieve departmental goals for safety, quality, training, productivity, accuracy, house-keeping, and other areas of continuous improvement.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads, directs, and assists in receiving operations, including unloading vehicles, verifying shipment accuracy, completion of receiving documentation, and movement of materials into proper staging areas while remaining in compliance with regulatory requirements, in a timely manner.
- Leads, directs, and assists department members in the accurate put-away of goods, in a timely manner.
- Communicates with DC Supervisor when expected process outputs, such as inaccuracies or not meeting productivity goals, are not being met.
- Communicate effectively with DC Supervisor, Purchasing, Production Control, Logistics, and/or Quality in the event of discrepancies.
- Lead, direct, and assist in the timely and accurate provision of materials to the various production areas.
- Maintains inventory accuracy levels in the warehouse, by carrying out cycle counting program.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Actively participates in safety programs and activities, including daily stretching
- Ensures department members are following safety programs and activities, including daily preventative maintenance inspections.
- Ensures effective training of department members is carried out, and documentation of training is maintained. This is to include any and all cross-training.
- Ensures work areas are kept clean and orderly.
- Ensures flow of communication with team leads in other functions, departments, or shifts.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed, at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, verbally or in writing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic math, reading, and computer skills including the ability to learn and accurately perform SAP transactions, both on a keyboard and a handheld scanner.
- Ability to effectively communicate with department members, other leads, supervisors, and members of other departments, either verbally or in writing.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds, stand for extended periods, walk, stoop, bend, push, pull, as required.
- Ability to earn an operator’s license on all material handling equipment.
- Working knowledge of warehouse operations, documents, SAP transactions, and Grundfos standard operating procedures.
- Ability to work in a flexible, team oriented environment, with possible changes to start and finish times.
- Manual dexterity and the ability to use basic hand tools.
- A desire to be in a leadership role, and acceptance of the need to set an example for employees in attendance, safety, performance, and willingness to be a team player.
Education and Experience: High school diploma, plus 1-5 years’ previous warehouse experience.
Comments: Approximately 85% of time is applied to receiving and material handling duties; the remaining time applied to team lead duties.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.