Provides guidance in manufacturing processes. Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods using knowledge of the organizations processes. Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, workflow and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency. Estimates production times, staffing requirements and related costs. Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute a manufacturing engineering strategy to achieve the best quality, costs, and lead times.
- Maintain and update current sheets for all standard jobs.
- Establish routings and standards for new parts or modified engineered parts.
- Plan and executes tooling and fixture requirements for the machine shop.
- Participate in the justification for capital equipment expenditures.
- Provide training, and corrective action to assure that the manufacturing engineering department meets the standards for quality and target manufacturing objectives
- Monitor daily production activities. Check for accuracy and performance requirements.
- Implementation of lean processes.
- Responsible for continuing cost savings efforts on manufacturing processes.
- Participate in continuing education.
- Respond with good judgment and sensitivity to inquiries from employees, customers and outside agencies/organizations.
- Work on special projects as needed, participate in meetings and committees as required.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, regulations and direction, and identify and notify management of non-compliance situations for resolution.
- Comply with all health and safety initiatives to ensure the Company remains a safe workplace.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Superior proficiency using PC based tools (Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, and Power Point) and proficiency using SAP, ERP and MRP systems.
- Working knowledge of C.N.C. programming / editing.
- Working knowledge of machining fundamentals.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and execute manufacturing processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to work closely and interface with both internal and external personnel.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment with a sense of urgency while maintaining a pleasant disposition.
- Ability to interact respectfully, effectively and professionally with customers and co-workers.
- Experienced in Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
- The individual must have excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language and be willing to work in a cooperative team environment.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering with 3+ years of manufacturing experience in a plant or 10+ years in a pump manufacturing plant in a continuous improvement/ engineering role.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
The duties of this position require the incumbent to move from work station to work station in a manufacturing environment, Specific situations may require use of personal protective equipment such as, respirators, hard hats, dust masks, safety harness.
Condition of Employment
This position requires the incumbent to staying current with the latest developments related to the position and participate in skills upgrading. This position may occasionally require international travel. The incumbent be willing to travel within and outside the United States occasionally, and must be eligible to obtain a valid passport.
The above description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description or task list of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.