The Lead Service Mechanic III (LSMIII) will perform the duties and responsibilities of the lead mechanic for all the Grundfos GCB service mechanics in the shop and in field service applications. The LSMIII will be required to take the lead supervisory role at all Grundfos GCB Service and Solution Centers. The LSMIII will be required to lead field service assignments, in house repairs, and assist with inventory related assignments as well as general shop related duties, including clean up and building maintenance. The position requires travel, and field service duties include driving company service trucks to and from the job site and vendor locations as applicable.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct the duties as lead supervisor for the Service Mechanics at all GCB Service and Solution Center Locations.
- Ability to effectively take the lead, direct, train, and coordinate training for service personnel.
- Assembly and Disassembly of pumps and pumps systems in both a shop and field service environment.
- Provide field and shop service to assigned pumps and pump systems including removal, teardown, evaluation, assembly, installation, and troubleshooting.
- Be the onsite customer liaison. (Focus on customer service)
- Completion of comprehensive inspections of pumps and pump systems.
- Identification of the cause(s) of pump failures, mechanical, electrical, and systematic. Provide corrective action and system corrective action.
- Preparation of detailed reports.
- Communicate design issues and developments to salesmen, managers, engineers, and Service Manager.
- Be environmentally conscious of work environment.
- Maintenance and operation of company tooling and equipment.
- Perform machining functions using drill press, lathe, and mills.
- Able to read machining drawings.
- May be called upon to align pumps using laser alignment or double dial.
- Run a fundamental pump hydraulic test.
- Record and monitor each order’s labor and material.
- Ensure and control safety and quality assurance at all times.
- Inventory functions, to include stocking, pulling parts, and conducting inventory audits.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven success as in lead roles in field service, in house repair, inventory, and shop logistic related duties.
- Proven success in training service personnel.
- Proven success in vertical and horizontal pump field service and factory production.
- Working Knowledge of pumps, pump systems, troubleshooting, and vibration analysis.
- High Mechanical and Electrical aptitude with extensive hands-on experience.
- Good problem solving ability, hydraulically, mechanically, and electrically.
- Must possess the ability to make decisions and to work independently.
- Customer focused.
- Able to travel worldwide.
- Physical responsibility.
- Completion of Confined Space Training required.
- Proven safety record.
- May be required to be available at all times.
- Possess basic knowledge of computer functions (i.e. navigate windows, etc.)
- Valid Class C Driver’s License required.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
- Experience with removal and installation of vertical and horizontal pumps and pump systems.
- Experience with plumbing, piping, and valves.
- Experienced in forklift operation required.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Capable of both written and verbal communications in English.
- Manual dexterity necessary. Able to use both hands and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance and peripheral vision.
- Able to work in a non-climate controlled factory environment.
- Able to travel to all service sites. Extended travel (2+ weeks) may be required on occasion.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.