Contribute to a Must Win Battle for Grundfos to help accelerate growth within all segments. Assist in generating profitable Service sales and successfully executing Service Operations, including all principal duties and responsibilities indicated below.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the inside sales, administration, service operations and assist in overall running of the branch
- Responsible for technical decisions and policies regarding tear down and re-assembly procedures, material selection, mechanical selection, hydraulic selection, repaired product improvement, and review of application data received form field.
- Participates in service calls on customers and hosts customer visits to center. Maintains knowledge of key accounts and key customer personnel.
- Responds to inquiries from and provides estimates to customers pertaining to chargeable service work and warranty work. Assists the service sales personnel; estimates labor, material, method, and assures completion of orders on time and within budget. Works directly to improve profitability and sales.
- Responsible for recruitment, training, development, motivation, compensation, and performance evaluation of shop, production, administration and inside sales personnel.
- Organizes all shop functions.
- Responsible for meeting KPIs of the production and service departments.
- Assist in forecasting of monthly sales to be invoiced depending on shop backlog.
- Responsible for short and long term production schedule, within the center and with our suppliers.
- Monitors and takes steps to provide environmentally safe working conditions, including assuring service vehicles are appropriate, maintained, and equipped.
- Expedites and processes all warranty issues.
- Manages the operations and service budget.
- Plans, reviews, and controls the inventory.
- Develop relationships with authorized service centers, distribution partners, contractors and end users
- Develop and implement strategies with Director of Service
- Promotes the image of the Company, its products and services and when necessary demonstrates and instructs in their uses.
- Stays abreast of the service industry trends, evolutions and applications. Keeps Management informed of competitive conditions and makes recommendations on product changes, additions or new products with major potential.
- Responsible for adhering to the Companies sales policies and procedures.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of pumps, pump hydraulics, pump systems, controls or rotating equipment; and all aspects of operation, installation and maintenance.
- Proven success in sales, preferably centrifugal and vertical turbine pumps or other rotating equipment will be an asset.
- Proven success in managing engineering or teams with service technicians will be an asset.
- Customer focused with high level of integrity.
- Must possess the ability to make decisions and sound judgment.
- Must exhibit good interpersonal skills with customers and plant personnel when group efforts are required to meet customer’s requirements.
- Must have the competencies to adapt and succeed in a changing environment.
- Highly organized and focused on meeting goals and objectives, manage multiple priorities, and capable of working independently with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Effective communicator who possess the ability to engage two-way communication.
- Must be able to travel, have a valid driver’s license and be able to fly when necessary.
- Working knowledge of computers and PC software, Microsoft Office.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Business, or a combination of the education or experience.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to write and perform data input.
- Capable of both written and verbal communications.
- Must be able to drive and posses a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel and fly in airplanes.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.