The role of the Application Engineer is to provide technical support and quotations with regard to the selection, price, design and delivery impact that will meet or exceed customer expectations in alignment with departmental procedures. This role will communicate and collaborate with outside business partners, internal customers, and direct suppliers while adhering to corporate policy and procedure.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review product specifications to determine technical requirements, including but not limited to: equipment selection, sizing, costing, research requests for duplicate equipment from serial number records, and develop current pricing
- Communicate with our direct suppliers for pricing, delivery, and technical information.
- Produce detailed and concise work instructions pertaining to customer requirements, production improvements, purchasing assistance, etc.
- Point of contact for large customer base in order to provide timely responses for requests, component availability, technical support for Grundfos programs, and/or pump application questions.
- Communicate directly with sales team, including but not limited to: review of open quotations, follow-up on possible leads, and opportunities to improve margin.
- Support continuous improvement, identify inefficiencies, and eliminate errors in the order winning process.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage a high volume of emails and phone calls, while providing excellence customer service.
- Perform work, promote teamwork and communicate in conjunction with Grundfos Values and our internal standards (Safety, Quality, Schedule, Cost)
- Conduct training session on quoting application, sizing tool, and internet purchasing with customers, sales team representatives, and employees.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, engineering technology, or business with equivalent experience in technical sales and manufacturing
- Previous experience in Engineering, Project Management and/or Sales in a manufacturing environment (preferred)
Grundfos participates in E-verify and is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.