Based in Brookshire, Texas, the Product Configuration Engineer (PCE) will be responsible for developing and engineering product configurators that meet customer demands based on input from product management. Primarily, the PCE will work on maintaining and further develop our newly developed customer facing configurators. The PCE responsibility will be to analyze, define and implement features in configurators that adhere to customer needs, available product features and production capability.
The aim is to define specifications to make each configurator a success in the entire value chain globally. To do so, the PCE must network across the organization to gather all the correct specifications in close collaboration with product managers and technical stakeholders.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide “point of contact” customer service, response and support to external and internal customers throughout all phases of the project life cycle. Participate in contract handover meetings to ensure a smooth transition from sales to operations.
- Drive and help execute documentation requirements to planned deadlines. Assist in production schedule requirements and coordinate work with all departments (purchasing, production, service, etc.) to meeting customer, equipment and deliver commitments. Ensure all details are complete for contract and/or order completion (Documents, IOM’s shortages, commissioning, acceptance, etc.)
- Maintain, file and process external and internal project documentation (drawings, equipment information, productions schedule, ITP, VDR, progress reports, instructions, packing lists, checklists, electronic project folders)
- Maintain systems and processes to track project is on time and on budget. Maintain documentation requirements and release process.
- Support continuous improvements, identify inefficiencies and eliminate errors in the Project Management process to optimize strategic sourcing, achieve delivers and maximize profit.
- Perform work, promote teamwork and communicate in conjunction with our culture and corporate standards (Safety, Quality, Communication, Infernal Controls, etc.)
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written are a must. Strong work ethic. Able to multitask and meet multiple deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Power Point, Projects, etc.), Materials Management Systems (SAP preferred), Drawing Applications a plus (CAD, Solid Works, etc.)
- Maintain are of competency by attending training courses, seminars, workshops, etc. as required.
- Knowledge of pump principals, construction, hydraulics and application preferred.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent technical experience in design, applications or contract management role is a plus
- 4 years related experience with rotating equipment including drivers, controls, interface within a manufacturing and/or construction environment (preferred).
Conditions Of Employment
This position requires the incumbent to stay current with the latest technology and participate in skills upgrading.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, verbally or in writing.
Grundfos Pumps does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of our employment opportunities and benefits.
This is the job for you, if you want to enjoy networking across an organization and at the same time would like to have an opportunity to immerse yourself into the details of our system and Product master data. Join us on our digitalization journey, as you help ensure that the complete Grundfos product portfolio is available to our end-users across the globe.
You become part of the Product Information Management department, which is a global function consisting of 67 colleagues based in Denmark, China, Hungary, Germany, Finland and US. You will be expected to travel up to 40 days a year for training and working with sales and production companies. Our aim is to ensure high quality master data to enable excellent execution in every variant of our product portfolio. You join a product team of 4-6 colleagues – all with an engineering or technical background – who work with configuration.
“The development within this area and within digitalization is moving so fast. Demands for configurators and the digital twin of the product keeps evolving, so you will be working with the newest developments and technology to meet future product extensions and service developments. It will give you a thorough insight into the Grundfos business and with digitalization on the agenda, you can look forward to specializing within product master data and SAP-ERP, -LOVC and -IPC,” Mikkel says.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.