Digital Service Manager
The Digital Service Manager has responsibility to provide training, installation, supervision, and support activities to enable growth of the Digital Services business. Initially, this position with support the launch of Fire Connect in the Region, provide technical support globally, and be the knowledge expert for installations. As this segment of Grundfos service business grows, other duties and responsibilities will be assigned.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with end users to understand site conditions and integration of Grundfos digital technology into building systems
- Interface with 3rd party service providers in activation, diagnostic, and end user installation support.
- Create and maintain OEM service diagnostic information and troubleshooting documents for common elements of digital systems.
- Manage end user escalation issues.
- Liaise and collaborate with internal departments and suppliers to uptime of product & achieve outstanding customer service support.
- Develop and deliver training courses for end users, Authorized Service Providers, and internal service personnel.
- Provide input on development of digital service products
- Provide accurate and timely communication to internal and external customers.
- Assist customers with product installation, product coordination, and other special order handling.
- Host customers for successful on-site product inspections and witness testing, when required.
- Support internal personnel / application engineers with custom pricing as required.
- Act as “customer advocate” to address customer sales issues.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, regulations and direction and identify non-compliance situations for resolution.
- Comply with all health and safety initiatives to ensure the Company remains a safe workplace.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Preferred extensive related-product and applications-specific knowledge (i.e. installation of system into existing infrastructure and systems; industry standards (HI, ANSI, ISO, etc.) for pumps
- Ability to work with MODBUS, and other communication protocols
- Ability to work with detailed specifications and industry standards.
- Ability to manage multiple, divergent priorities, and work independently with a high degree of accuracy to meet customer requirements and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to present a positive, competent image to customers.
- Understanding of related codes and standards including: NFPA 70 – National Electrical Code, NFPA 70E – Standard For Electrical Safety In The Workplace, UL508(A) – Standard For Industrial Control Panels
- Knowledge of Programming and Troubleshooting Of Control Systems to include (but not limited to): Design of Integrated Control Systems, Ladder Logic Programming, PLC Troubleshooting, Digital Signal Troubleshooting, Analog Signal Troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Industrial Data Communications: MODBUS RTU, MODBUS TCP/IP, Profibus, BACNet
- Ability to produce and understand electrical schematic drawings.
- Extensive experience in the installation of electrical control systems.
- Extensive verifiable experience in the roll out/management of remote monitoring systems.
- Experience in project management, specifically as related to pump monitoring systems, is preferred.
- Must be competent in providing off site troubleshooting/support to end users via phone, e-mail, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to foster collaboration, accountability and customer-centricity.
- Superior telephone skills and strong written and verbal English language communication skills to receive and give information.
- Strong customer service focus, sense of urgency to meet or exceed customer expectations, and achieve daily commitments.
- Proficiency in the use of (Preferred) SAP SD and/or ERP systems, Microsoft Office including MS Excel.
- Knowledge of reading drawings and technical documentation is an asset.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology or other technical degree preferred; or a combination of training, education and experience.
- 10 - 15 years engineering, service support, controls experience with pump manufacturer is preferred.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Periodic on-site due diligence visits to end user locations
- Daily visits made to various internal departments
- Frequent visits made to other Grundfos or customer sites in and out of the United States.
FLSA Status: Exempt:
Conditions of Employment:
This position requires the incumbent to stay current with the latest technology and participate in skills upgrading.
This position requires periodic travel within the USA and internationally. Therefore, the incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain a valid passport.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Grundfos Pumps does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of our employment opportunities and benefits.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.