In thius position you are reponsible for working closely with Group Price Excellence and US Sales company to take part in setting the direction for how Grundfos does pricing towards our customers. Utilizing global standards, you are involved in planning, implementing, and the ongoing management of the US sales company's price optimzation programs for all products. The ideal candidate must be able to gather and interpret relevant data as well as identifying and presenting key areas with opportunities for optimisation.
The pricing setups includes setting up discount matrixes for standard distribution sales, structuring net price agreements, governance structures for handling special pricing and project sales, setup of customer value added services (fees) and handling of pricing master data. Further, this person is responsible for maintaining and carrying out regular updates of the price development for specific product groups and on key Fair Pricing initiatives. The candidate is able to identify, initiate and complete pricing initiatives in the Grundfos US sales company and make ad hoc price analyses including communication on all levels in the organization.
Further, the position is responsible for ensuring proper alignment between pricing related activities conducted in various functions of Grundfos (Finance, Program Management, BD, etc.). You will also regularly monitor, analyze, and report on matters of pricing and revenue / margin performance. Candidate will develop and produce various elements of data analysis, pricing reports, and conduct market and competitor research to aide pricing efforts, drive strategic discussions, and supplement performance reviews.
You have experience within B2B pricing because setting prices and defining pricing strategies is important for our business and a few percentages has significant impact on the overall sales and profitability.
The work has some travel activity (25-30 days per year).
- Implementing Group initiatives in US Sales Company, including local adaptations with respect to cultural and market specific circumstances and GRP updates (55%)
- Ad-hoc analysis/reporting to support pricing related business processes (10%)
- Monthly and quarterly reporting (15%)
- Interacting with stakeholders across functions to ensure alignment (Groupo, Region, Sales company) (10%)
- Pricing Master Data development, maintenance, and governance (10%)
Decision competences and authorizations
- Participate in definition of group standards for local sales company pricing design
- Making recommendations to local pricing setups to be implemented in the business
- Follow-up on pricing master data
Success Factors / Key Performance Indicators
- Increased profits for Grundfos on group level
- Improved transparency to give a better foundation for making decisions
- Increased efficiency and effectiveness in Sales companies from increased automation of pricing processes (measured in head counts working with pricing on day to day basis)
- Number of companies using the Group standards
- Compliance to pricing master data guidelines
Posting, reporting and work relations
- Reporting to USA Sales GM and FM (dotted line)
- Interacting with Group positions on all levels of the organisation and Local and regional sales management teams (RMD, RFM, GM, Sales Directors/Managers)
- Significant interaction with Grundfos IS
- BA in Finance, Business Administration, or related field (advanced degree preferred)
- 2-5 years experience from similar position
- Business acumen
- People skills/good networker
- Strong analytical foundation
- Ability to interact with persons on different organisational levels
- Good presenter of technically complex material
- Expert in MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint)
- Technical acumen
- Experience with SAP/BW
- Experience with Vendavo Profit Analyzer
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.