PART TIME MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN
General Summary: This position is responsible for performing various production jobs utilizing control instructions, work instructions, and other quality tools to ensure that safety and quality requirements are met.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for personal safety and safety of co-workers.
- Produces components utilizing equipment and machinery.
- Performs assembly operations utilizing hands and/or tools and equipment.
- Tests and inspects components and products by utilizing measuring tools, equipment, and testing machinery.
- Utilizes control instructions, assembly/test procedures, other quality tools for quality guidance.
- Responsible for achieving output requirements AND accurately inputting data utilizing computer terminals.
- Responsible for keeping machinery/work area clean and orderly.
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks.
- Continually ensures accuracy of component inventories.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement activities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent hand-eye dexterity.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Personal flexibility to be able to move among jobs throughout the factory as required.
- Ability to use basic hand and measuring tools.
- Skills in basic mathematics and reading.
- Ability to follow safety standards and rules.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to understand and use Standard Operating Procedures, control instructions, work instructions, and other quality tools.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.