As the Project Controller, you will play an important role to improve the company's profitability and cost competativeness. This will be accomplished by investigating all aspects of the company's cost structure (products, processes, and fixed costs) and identifying opportunities for improvement. Candidate will coordinate and facilitate cost forecasts and budgets for USA Sales organization and review cost metrics.
This position will also prepare financial modeling to support sales project bids to ensure the company's required returns are met. It is your responsibility to ensure that product / project costs accurately reflect the true costs of materials, labor and overhead. This role will work closely with production and sales to understand issues and how they impact the financial results as well as educate and inform team on cost drivers and variances. You will act as an internal business partner with Plant Cost Controllers and stay close to day-to-day operations as financial liaison.
The Project Controller will provide detailed analysis and reporting on project and program status and recommend remediation options to FM.
- Evaluate existing cost accounting systems and practices (BOM, routings, development of standard cost rates) to idenfity and facilitate improvements
- Analyze and report on product, project, and segment profitability
- Assists in the Forecasting, Budgeting, and Business Plan processes
- Develop financial models to analyze bids and non standard project sales from profitability and cashflow
- Track project costs, analyze variances and recommend remediation options
Decision competences and authorizations
- Make recommendations to improve cost structure for the USA Sales organization
- Control costs for projects during all phases of development and help advise risk management
Success Factors / Key Performance Indicators
- Increased profits for Grundfos on group level
- Improved transparency on profitability to give a better foundation for making decisions
- Increased profitability and effectiveness in Sales companies from accurate costing and controls.
Posting, Reporting and Work Relations
- Reporting to USA Sales FM
- Interacting with Group positions on all levels of the organisation and Local and regional sales management teams (RMD, RFM, GM, Sales Directors/Managers)
- BA in Finance or Accounting (Masters, CMA, or CPA)
5-10 years of progressive work experience with operational financial experience (preferably in a controller type role) within manufacturing setting, including product costing required
- Business acumen
- People skills/good networker
- Strong analytical foundation
- Ability to interact with persons on different organisational levels
- Good presenter of technically complex material
- Expert in MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint)
- Technical acumen
- Experience with SAP/BW
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.