Provides solutions to technical product and application requests from U.S. customer support centers and supports program management projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily Activities of Applications Engineer II
- Creates higher level documentation for nonstandard products.
- Reviews product specifications and provides advice when required.
- Review and approves formal quotations based on delegation and authority procedures.
- Assesses advanced product applications to determine proper selection of pumps.
- Responsible for monthly analysis of quotation activity.
- Coordinates with product engineering with custom product orders.
- Responsible for high level product troubleshooting and installation assistance.
- Provides product training for new products, new employees, and existing employees in customer support centers.
- Handles escalated customer product complaints and documenting within the CRM system.
- Responsible for trend reporting of product complaints from the CRM system.
- Assists product specialists with program management projects, duties, and services.
- Required to meet or exceed Customer Support Center quality assurance standards on a consistent basis.
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other technical discipline preferred, but not required or five to seven years of equivalent experience in a technical role within the pump industry or related field.
Required Knowledge & Skill:
- Expert knowledge of Grundfos products and pumping applications.
- Knowledge of pump calculations.
- Must possess the ability to create innovate solutions to meet unique applications.
- Sufficient education and experience to learn, troubleshoot, and train others in applications, the system which use of Grundfos products.
- Ability to work with all levels of customers.
- Ability to understand and trouble shoot products specific to the role.
- Computer experience with PCs, SAP, CAD software, Microsoft applications, enterprise & email systems and relevant product sizing software.
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to travel via normal commercial modes both within the US and internationally as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid passport
Additional Duties for PACOpaQ International Development Role:
The PACOpaQ Development team is creating an HVAC Industry packaged product similar to boosterpaQ. The product development effort includes Engineering Design, marketing and Financial Analysis, Training and customization of projects for all Grundfos Commercial Building customers. The standard, made-to-order PacopaQ product is about 50% through the development stage, so the candidate will get to review the decision making process for the 2000+ selections, aid in finishing the product for full marketing release, and assist our customers with selecting the right designs and product to make a successful HVAC pumping system. There will be much training in HVAC systems, not just pumps, as well as financial analysis, SAP understanding, and field installation and service.
The PACOpaQ Team consist of the Business Development Director, with reports form the lead Application Engineer, Sales Support Specialist. Our next member of the team will work directly with the entire team, as well at the Engineering and Production staff at GCB and all of our Sales Distribution network. The role will be as an Application Engineering assisting in all phases of the standard product as well as the customization efforts for some projects.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.